Wedding & Reception Venues
Wedding Ceremony and Reception Venues at Woldumar
Choosing Woldumar for your Lansing wedding venue will not only provide a beautiful and unforgettable experience for you and your guests, but will also directly support and sustain our nonprofit environmental education efforts - giving you one more reason to smile on your wedding day! Our beautifully maintained grounds are available for your guests to explore throughout your wedding day. Two different outdoor ceremony sites offer superb settings for a memorable ceremony, and the RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn is a one-of-a-kind rustic venue for your celebratory reception. Woldumar can accommodate up to 150 guests on your special day. This page has descriptions and photos for both ceremony and reception ideas; for further information or tours of the facilities, contact the Hospitality Manager at (517)-322-0030, or .
WeddingWire named Woldumar Nature Center as one of their Editors' 20 favorite naturally beautiful wedding venues from around the country for nature lovers.
February: 3rd - 10th - 17th - 24th
March: 2nd - 16th - 23rd
April: 6th - 13th - 27th
May: 18th, 25th
July: 6th - 13th - 27th
December: 7th - 14th - 21st
January: 4th - 11th - 18th - 25th
February: 1st - 8th - 15th - 22nd
March: 1st - 8th - 15th - 22nd - 29th
April: 5th - 12th - 19th - 26th
May: 3rd - 10th - 17th - 24th - 31st
June: 7th - 14th - 21st - 28th
July: 5th - 12th - 19th - 26th
August: 2nd - 9th - 16th - 23rd - 30th
September: 6th - 13th - 27th
October: 4th - 11th - 18th - 25th
November: 1st - 8th - 15th - 22nd - 29th
December: 6th - 13th - 20th - 27th
Wedding Ceremony Venues
Imagine your unforgettable Wedding Ceremony held in a beautiful outdoor venue among the enchanting, natural settings found at Woldumar! Discover the simple, rustic beauty and timeless charm of a wedding ceremony on the porch of the historic Moon Log Cabin with guests comfortably seated on the lawn. For a more secluded location, the natural setting of the Walnut Glen Amphitheater provides bench seating for up to 147 guests. Or consider a simple, rustic barn wedding for your special day. The RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn is available for those who prefer an indoor venue, for winter wedding ceremonies, or whenever the weather proves to be uncooperative.
Wedding Ceremony Venues
Hold your reception in the rustic R.E. Olds Anderson Rotary Barn. Our two-story barn was built early in the 20th century as a dairy barn. Renovations have retained the original beams and rustic charm, while adding radiant heating and fans for comfort; stairs and elevator provide accessibility to all guests. The 2200 square foot (36 x 63 ft) upper level with a soaring ceiling accommodates up to 150 guests at tables; an adjacent, outdoor deck provides additional space. The lower level has a long, narrow room of 1300 sq ft that is often used for cocktail hour; barn doors open onto a large patio with picnic tables. Restrooms and kitchen facilities are located on this level, along with a small room that serves as the bridal dressing room.
The RE Olds Anderson Rotary barn is decorated with bright twinkle lights to set the mood for your magical day. You will be responsible for providing your own linens, decorations, as well as food and drink services. Woldumar has some limitations to candles and hanging decorations that are allowed; full information is provided when the contract is discussed with the Hospitality Manager.
Note that Woldumar Nature Center is not a full service venue. Choosing your own caterer and other vendors is not only a major cost savings, but also allows you the flexibility and creativity to have the wedding you envision. All food and drink services must be provided by a licensed caterer or bartender. We have a list of recommended vendors to choose from, however we are open to other companies. Detailed policies regarding food and alcohol preparation, serving and clean-up are available upon request.
Woldumar Nature Center is a smoke free campus and does not allow the use of tobacco products on site.
If you would like to take a tour of Woldumar's facilities, please make an appointment with our Hospitality Manager. Tours are by appointment only. No drop-ins please. Due to our frequent education programs and staffing limitations, we are unable to accommodate walk-in tours.
Pricing For Weddings
For 2023 & 2024, the wedding package is priced between $2,750 - $5,500 depending on the time of year.
All wedding rentals include:
- Saturday access for setup in barn beginning at 10 am.
- Saturday use of facilities for all guests beginning at 2 pm (All parties must be off premises by midnight).
- One hour rehearsal on Friday evening. April-November 5:30pm-6:30pm. December-March 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Set up and tear down of tables inside the rental space. Woldumar has a variety of round and rectangular tables to seat up to 150 people comfortably and 200 black folding chairs for indoor and outdoor use.
- AV equipment, if needed.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms located on first floors.
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink.
- Twinkle lights.
- Whiskey barrels, wooden spool table, rustic bar, and metal drink tubs.
- On-site event coordinator and security to help with rental needs.
Please note: We are unable to extend or alter the schedules provided, due to the number and diversity of events which take place at the nature center each day.
Wedding package add-ons:
- A 2-hour campfire for you and your guests to enjoy. - $75.00 (Additional policies apply).
- A photo golf cart tour for the wedding couple to get scenic photos around the property, without the long hike. - $150.00 (Additional policies apply).
- Additional time package for Friday setup. 3 hours for rehearsal and setup. - $300 (Additional policies apply).
- Additional time package for Sunday clean up. 3 hours to clean up the day after the wedding. - $300 (Additional policies apply).
- We require all weddings purchase a Certificate of Liability Insurance for the 24-hour period of the date of the rental. We require this no later than 30 days before the wedding.
- Cleaning is expected at the end of the night. The rental space must be left how it was found. This includes trash removal, wiping down tables, sweeping, and spot mopping. Woldumar will provide cleaning supplies, trash cans and liners.
Rental Tours Available by Appointment:
- If you are interested in seeing how Woldumar would fit the needs for your upcoming event, we would love to show you the spaces that are available. However, tours are by appointment only. Call 517-322-0030 or e-mail for more information or if you are interested in renting a space at Woldumar. Due to our frequent education programs and staffing limitations, we are unable to accommodate walk-in tours.