Volunteers Make Woldumar's Mission Possible
Volunteer opportunities abound at Woldumar Nature Center! Woldumar owes much of its success to the volunteer support we receive in all areas of our operation. There are a broad range of volunteer opportunities in which individuals and groups can participate. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES AT THIS TIME.
Some of the areas of work include:
- GROUNDS AND FACILITIES MAINTENANCE: Trail work, landscaping, general maintenance.
- GARDENING: Help maintain our beautiful gardens and educate others about proper gardening practices.
- HABITAT IMPROVEMENT/STEWARDSHIP: Help remove invasive species from the property and reestablish native communities.
- TEACHING/PROGRAM SUPPORT: Individuals with a background in education, natural science, outdoor recreation, or some other related field can help to lead environmental education programs for people of all ages!
- OFFICE SUPPORT: Help prepare newsletter mailings, filing, organizing supplies, and light housekeeping.
- FUNDRAISING: Help prepare grant applications, assist with membership drives and donor development.
- EVENT PLANNING: Help plan and host fundraisers and fun community events.
- WRITERS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS: We encourage volunteers to submit inspired articles or breathtaking photographs from their time spent at Woldumar. Select articles and photographs will be used in our newsletter, blog or social media, and we will credit you for your work!
Together we can make a difference! Complete this form to get started.
Call (517) 322-0030 or e-mail if you have any questions.