Consider holding your next meeting or conference at Woldumar Nature Center! Choosing Woldumar will not only provide a beautiful and unforgettable venue, but you will also support and sustain our environmental education efforts.
Woldumar Nature Center is a private nonprofit organization that serves the Greater Lansing community with trails open daily to the public, and buildings available for rent; we provide a forum for events, education, and stewardship.
Download Meetings and Conferences Brochure here
Venues available for meetings
RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn: Woldumar is home to the RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn, a renovated early 20th Century dairy barn which provides a one-of-a-kind rustic setting for classes, meetings, weddings, and other events. The lower level of the barn can be rented alone, or the barn can be rented as a whole.
- Lower level accommodates up to 60 guests or can be set up for food service
- Upper level of the barn comfortably accommodates up to 150 guests seated at tables
- Handicap accessible with an elevator between floors
- Large deck (upper level) and patio (lower level) spaces
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Private restrooms
- Breakout room
Visitors Center Rock Room: Located in the lower level of Woldumar’s Visitors Center, The Rock Room is available for meetings.
- Accommodates up to 40 guests
- This space holds educational exhibits and a small library
- Handicap accessible
- Restrooms nearby
Executive Boardroom: Located in Woldumar’s Administrative Cottage, the Executive Boardroom is perfect for small business gatherings.
- Accommodates up to 10 guests
- Full kitchen
- Guest computer
- Lounge area
- Private restroom
- Conference table and large white board
Grounds: Our beautifully maintained grounds are available for your guests to explore. We have two different locations where you might choose to hold an outside meeting.
- The Sunrise Pavilion can accommodate 20 participants under the roof, or chairs can be placed on the lawn to accommodate up to 150 guests.
- The Walnut Glen Amphitheatre is just a short walk from the barn and surrounded by woods. The Walnut Glen Amphitheatre is complete with wooden benches that can accommodate up to 147 guests.
- Both spaces are ideal for outdoor lectures and demonstrations.
We have six different rental options to accommodate your group. All weekday rentals include set up and tear down of tables and chairs in indoor spaces, fresh water and coffee service, Wi-Fi, and A/V equipment upon request.
This package is ideal for large conferences that require breakout sessions. This includes the entire barn, Rock Room, Executive Boardroom, and use of Woldumar’s grounds.
- 4 hour rate: $750
- 8 hour rate: $1,000
This package gives you the entire barn, which includes the upstairs auditorium, deck, lower level conference space, restrooms, kitchenette, breakout room, patio and use of the grounds.
- 4 hour rate: $400
- 8 hour rate: $700
This package gives you the lower level of the barn, which includes the lower level conference space, restrooms, kitchenette, breakout room, patio and use of the grounds.
- 4 hour rate: $225
- 8 hour rate: $500
This package can accommodate gatherings of up to 40. This space includes restrooms and grounds use.
- 4 hour rate: $225
- 8 hour rate: $400
Ideal for small gatherings or company retreats of up to 10. This executive package gives you a conference room, lounge area, a full kitchen, and a restroom.
- 4 hour rate: $150
- 8 hour rate: $300
- $50.00 each additional hour
This package is great for spending time outdoors and exploring what Woldumar has to offer. This rental includes a secluded area for your rental, Visitors Center restrooms, and use of the trails.
- 4 hour rate: $100
- 8 hour rate: $220
Important Venue Details
- Woldumar Nature Center is not a full service conference center. You will be responsible for providing your own linens, decorations, and food and drink services. Catering recommendations are available.
- All food and drink services must be prepared off site or catered in. Alcohol service is permitted. Additional terms and fees apply.
- Woldumar Nature Center is a smoke-free campus and does not allow the use of tobacco products on site.
- Trash removal and spot cleaning of tables and floors is required. Woldumar staff will provide cleaning supplies.
- The RE Olds Anderson Rotary barn is decorated with bright twinkle lights and white paper lanterns. All other decorations must be approved.
- Additional hours can be added on any package at $100 per hour.
Rental Tours Available by Appointment:
If you are interested in seeing how Woldumar would fit your needs for an upcoming event, we would like to show you the spaces that are available. However, tours are by appointment only. Call (517) 322-0030 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you are interested in renting a space at Woldumar. Due to our frequent education programs and staffing limitations, we are unable to accommodate walk-in tours.
Click one of the icons below to see pages for more information on Facilities Available, Weddings/Receptions, or Birthday Parties.